Now Hiring a Project Planner
RHI is looking to hire a Project Planner with 2-3 years of experience for our office in Alexandria, Virginia
- We are a dynamic firm that is committed to investing in continued education, mentorship, and your professional development.
- We provide competitive salaries and a variety of benefits commensurate with the experience and qualifications sought below.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be considered irrespective of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, and similar federally protected classifications.
- Our staff is currently working in a hybrid manner (combination of in-person and remote work), abiding by current health and safety protocols.
We are seeking a planner who is either located in the Washington DC region or may be interested in relocating to this region. Many of our staff are currently working in a hybrid remote/in-person schedule, and are working at our office in Old Town Alexandria for at least part of each week.
ROLE OF A PROJECT PLANNER AT rhi
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary consultant teams, both small and large.
- Analyze existing conditions and existing plans for a location to support the evolution of plans and policies.
- Research precedent examples and best practices.
- Prepare high-quality plan documents including narrative and graphics (maps, illustrative plans, visualizations, graphs/charts, infographics, etc.).
- Create project-relevant engagement strategies and visually informative and graphic-intensive presentations and other materials for public and client meetings.
- Work with our Marketing Manager to create planning-related proposals based on RFP/s/RFQs as well as participate in proactive marketing initiatives.
- Between 2 and 3 years of urban planning and/or related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in best practices of urban planning and community engagement. We welcome those who have specialized experience in specific planning or engagement realms.
- Ability to collaborate with other related disciplines and specializations as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- Practical experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and ArcGIS Pro.
- Strong writing, analytical, and oral presentation skills.
- Graphic design skills will be a plus.
- We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis but will begin reviewing submissions and scheduling interviews the week of August 1.
- We may conduct up to two (2) virtual and/or in-person interviews with each candidate.
- The candidates may be asked to complete a short exercise following the first interview.
We hope you are interested in applying! If so, please send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Deana Rhodeside (firstname.lastname@example.org), and copy Jenny Koch (email@example.com).